Friday, April 15, 2016

Farmhouse Bathroom Makeover


Hey everyone! I hope you all have had an awesome week! Today I thought I would share a few updates that we've made to our upstairs bathroom.


This bathroom is located upstairs in our farmhouse close to all the bedrooms, so we all four share it.  There is another full bath on the first floor, but we rarely use it right now.  I'm sure as our kids get older that will change.


This room was one of the first rooms I shared of our farmhouse and I've made a few changes since then.  I decided to apply a concrete overlay over the sinks because the white tub and tile paint that I used on them wasn't holding up as well as I had hoped.  Even though I thoroughly followed all the steps, they started to dull and chip after about a year.  I'm sure it's because we have hard water, so I'm not saying the product wasn't good because I think it is! I've read many posts where others had great success with it.


After applying the concrete overlay I went ahead and updated the faucets as well and lightened up the counter top paint a bit by sponging on a little more white.  I followed the same steps as I did with our painted kitchen counter tops. 





I found a larger jute rug on Overstock that covers the floor much better than the previous one we had did.  I love the fringes on the ends.  The shower curtain is also a new addition and I found it at Family Dollar!  I think I paid around $10 for it, and I love it!  The color is a very close match to the color I chose for the cabinets and I love the pattern.


The cabinets are still the same color, but I decided to distress them some to add a little character.  I also added a curtain made from a drop cloth to connect the two cabinets.  I think it adds to the farmhouse feel I'm going for. 



 

My husband's grandmother gave me this deer painting and I think it adds the perfect splash of color in an otherwise neutral space.  I almost painted the frame, but I'm so glad I didn't!  The wooden frame along with the wooden shelves keep the room feeling balanced and cozy.  I like to add a few wooden elements to every room.


And lastly, here's a couple of shots to show how this bathroom ties in with the rest of the upstairs.



This bathroom is definitely on my list of rooms I hope to one day fully renovate, but for now I'm content with how far it's come, and I'm happy that we were able to bring this space back to life on a budget!

Here is a look back at this room before.  I hope this inspires you to fix up what you have and enjoy your home even if a complete remodel isn't in the budget.  Creating a space you enjoy is important! If you have any questions, please email me or comment below! I will be happy to help!



Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by.  I hope you have a very blessed weekend!

You can also find me on Instagram & Pinterest!

6 comments:

  1. LOVE this! You will have to keep us updated on how the concrete finish holds up. Is it Ardex? I'm thinking of using that over tile counter tops.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Laurie, thank you and I will! So far I really love it! I used Henry Feather Finish that I found at Home Depot.

      Delete
  2. I jsut saw the before photo on Instagram, and this is a seriously amazing transformation! That concrete overlay is such a cool idea! Adding a pretty rug is so smart, too. (I think that might be the same rug I've been eyeing for my dining room!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Meg! I just updated the post to include the before photos, I should have thought of that! And you can't go wrong with a jute rug in any room! :)

      Delete
  3. Your bathroom looks great! I love the color you used for the walls.Your Stylish Bathroom Makeover Ideas are so amazing.Thanks for sharing.please keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just admiring your work and wondering how you managed this blog so well. It’s so remarkable that I can't afford to not go through this valuable information whenever I surf the internet!
    Bathtub Faucets

    ReplyDelete