Friday, March 18, 2016

Real Life Update

Happy Friday! I hope you all had a wonderful week!  My little guy has been under the weather for the last couple of days so we have been spending time at home trying to rest.  He still loves to be held, especially when he is feeling bad, so that's pretty much all I accomplished, and I wouldn't have it any other way!  I did sneak in a couple of errands and a quick grocery trip today while my mom stayed with him.  I realized this morning that I had not really prepared a post for today, so I decided this week's post would just be a few random updates.  I snapped photos of our house in it's current state to share them with you.  No certain theme at all, just updated photos of our currently messy house.


We celebrated my husband's birthday last weekend.  Our little girl made this darling banner and proudly displayed it over the island in the kitchen so that daddy would be surprised when he came home from work.  He certainly was!  We still have it on display, and I'm not sure when I'll ever take it down. It's just so stinking cute and thoughtful!


Speaking of our kitchen, it's a bit of a mess right now and that's completely okay.  When your little one is sick and needs cuddles, the dishes can wait. Seriously.


As long as your coffee station is up and running, everything will be okay.
 

Our living room is the only room in our house with a TV, so sick days are pretty much spent in here.  On a side note, I have plans for a neat DIY project for the wall where the mirror is hanging.  The mirror is too small for the space, and we were recently given a vintage door that came from my husband's great grandmother's house, so I'm excited to incorporate it into this space.  No worries about the baby in the rocker, it's my daughter's baby doll, but doesn't he look real?? He gets mistaken for a real baby all the time, so I just wanted to throw that out there! Oh and do you see that card board box off to the side?


My son says it's really a space ship. ;) 
 

I actually did complete one cleaning task this week.  Our hallway floors got a good scrubbing and a fresh coat of Rejuvenate. It's the best wood floor restorer I've ever found, I love it!


We may be making the switch to homeschooling our children starting this fall.  If we do, I'm planning to turn the current playroom into our school room, and right now it looks like this.  I recently found this rug which I love, and switched the curtains to these light blocking ones from Lowe's. There is a lot of work to be done in this space, and I can't wait to share it once it's done and we know it's purpose.


And lastly I want to share with you a book I'm currently reading that has really helped me as a mom.  It's called The Ministry of Motherhood by Sally Clarkson. I've been taking my time reading through each chapter and reading the Bible verses the author refers to as I go along.  This book has really challenged me and encouraged me so greatly!  I recommend it to any mama no matter what age your children may be!


That wraps up my random post. I hope you all have a wonderful week! 

Have a BLESSED day!

You can also find me on Instagram & Pinterest!

No comments:

Post a Comment