Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Summer Foyer & Stairway Gallery Wall


 

Recently I rearranged our living room furniture to experiment with a few new layouts.  I love to switch things up from time to time just using the things I already have.  Our foyer also got a new look in the process, so I thought I would share that with you today.  The living room is still a work in progress, but I'll share it soon!  You can catch a glimpse in the above photo.


I moved our mirrored cabinet back in here, but this time it's a soft shade of blue.  I was a little hesitant since the walls are already blue, but I think I like how it flows with the space. For now anyway.  ;)


I added a basket of faux hydrangeas for a little Summer touch!


Another project I did recently is our stairway gallery wall.  Since moving to our farmhouse last year I've always wanted to do this, but frames are so expensive and I knew I would need several of them!  I ran across these 11 X 14 frames at the dollar store for $5 and painted them for a custom look.





        

I'll wrap up the tour with a quick look back towards the front door.  The only change here is the galvanized letters I hung above our door spelling our last name.  I found the letters at Michael's a while back.




Thanks so much for stopping by!
  You can also find me on Instagram & Pinterest!

Have a BLESSED day!

8 comments:

  1. Your foyer looks wonderful, and love the gallery wall - something I have been working on finishing up for quite some time. Just wondering who is that furry black & white cutie by the front door - looks just like my own furbaby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lala! Yes that's our newest family member, Jake. ☺

      Delete
  2. Leah, it is beautiful! I always like your gallery walls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nikki! I love gallery walls! Sometimes I wonder if I have to many but is that really possible? Haha!

      Delete
  3. Your entry is lovely. I especially like the gallery wall on the stairs and that was a great makeover on those affordable frames. I also like switching things up without spending. Currently I am working on a different gallery wall in our family room, using old Ikea ledges I painted this week and frames from our living room gallery wall that I am changing. I'm following along on Pinterest and Instagram now. Looking forward to seeing more of your home and projects. Hope you can stop by sometime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! It sounds like we are a lot alike! Good luck with your new gallery wall and thanks for following along!!

      Delete
  4. Thanks for posting this info. I just want to let you know that I just check out your site and I find it very interesting and informative. I can't wait to read lots of your posts.
    diabetes destroyer by davidandrews

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love your house! Can you tell me what colors you painted the entry and living area?

    ReplyDelete