Thursday, July 10, 2014

Our Farmhouse - Foyer and Stairs Update

Today I'm going to share more of the progress I've made on the interior of our farmhouse.  It's been a little over a month since we closed on our farm, and I'm still painting! Our goal is to get moved in by the time our daughter begins school in August.

Right now my goal is to paint and freshen up every space I can on a budget.  Installing new floors upstairs is the only major thing we have done (there was no saving that carpet!)  The flooring downstairs will be replaced eventually as well, but for now we are planning to have it professionally cleaned so we can live with it for a while.  We are planning to live in this house for at least a year before doing any major remodeling, so we have time to save up the funds as well as decide on exactly what we would like to do.

We will probably be sinking a little money into the kitchen upfront though, just because it's a room that we will use a lot, and the way it is now makes me not even want to be in there!

Anyways, here is the foyer when we first bought the house. Dark and gloomy.



A couple of in progress photos:



And here's how it looks as of now:




The wall color is Sherwin Williams Silver Strand.  I'm still trying to decide on light fixtures for this space and I'm up for suggestions!

I'm amazed at how much better the new paint makes the carpet look and feel, even though it hasn't been cleaned yet.

The front door was a lovely shade of green (yikes!) just like the rest of the farmhouse's exterior.


Now, it's a soft shade of gray.  The color will change when we get around to fixing up the exterior of the house, but for now the gray door offers a much nicer view when the door is open than the green one. 


Oh and did you see what I found when I ripped all the carpet off of the stairs?




I love these stairs! I'm in the process of researching how to revive them.  Our farmhouse is finally coming along and feeling more like us!  More updates to come soon!

Have a BLESSED day!

P.S. To see the upstairs progress click HERE.

4 comments:

  1. I love what you've done so far!! How exciting it must be to make it all your own over time!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Did you stain the floors in the entry yourself? I need to rip up carpet and not sure if I can refinish them myself or not?? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was wondering about the paneling - is it real wood or faux wood paneling? It looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete