Saturday, February 8, 2014

Audrey's Night Stand

This morning I finally got around to arranging a night stand for Audrey.  She has been telling me that all 5 year old little girls have to have a night stand because that means they are no longer babies. So, I figured that meant I needed to get to work! 

As usual, I shopped my house to see if I could find something that would work until I can buy or re-purpose something else to do the job.  I ran across this cheapo white shelf that once lived in her closet before her closet makeover. I think I paid around $12 for it a couple of years ago at Target.


I love the combination of the simple night stand and the more detailed bed.  Her bed is rather high off the ground, so I knew finding something tall enough would be a challenge. This piece seems to do the job! 


I also like how this little shelf holds so many books. Every night before bed she chooses a book for us to read, so this makes it really convenient.


There is also enough space for her to store her Leap Pad and her Kindle. Now that we have a designated spot for them, I'm hoping they will be easier to keep up with.


I sat a lamp and her favorite picture of her with her pre-school teacher on the top of the night stand.  There is still plenty of room for her glass of water she likes to have at night before bed.

I think this piece will definitely work until I can find something else. I would ultimately like to find maybe a small bookshelf, one that is much wider than this, but this is definitely working for now!  


Here is a source list:
Wall Color: Lyndhurst Duchess Blue by Valspar
Floral Quilt and Shams - Overstock.com
Pink Polka dot Hello Kitty Comforter: Target
Bed Skirt: Target
Pink Lamp and Lamp Shade: Walmart
Picture Frame: A gift from her teacher
Night Stand: Target
Bed: An antique given to us by my husband's aunt. I painted it white.
Wall Flowers: Bed Bath & Beyond

Thanks so much for visiting!
Have a BLESSED day!
Linking up here:

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Selene! Definitely will work until we find that perfect piece!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful friend!! A job well done! And I have no doubt that she just loves her new space! Love the new blog design as well! Nicole xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. The perfect solution and finishing touch for a sweet room! Would love for you to share at Fridays Unfolded!

    Alison
    Nancherrow

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am OBSESSED with this wall color. Totally pinning this so that I can remember it when it's time to repaint my office. It's perfect.

    Totally adorable job on this room. It's so perfect for a little girl.

    ReplyDelete