Friday, January 10, 2014

Color Change in the Master Bedroom

One of my house related goals for 2014 is to switch up the colors in our master bedroom.  I love the cheery yellow, but it's time for a change. There will not be any major changes, I'm mostly just switching up the accessories in this space. 

On several occasions my husband has mentioned that he liked when our room was blue. (Several years ago our walls were a pale blue color) While I am happy with our current neutral wall color, I decided I could implement a little blue with the accessories. He rarely ever makes comments about our house and the way it is decorated, he completely leaves that up to me, and I'm not complaining! But, whenever he does have an opinion or suggestion it makes me happy because it is a rare thing!

So, that's how I came up with our new Master Bedroom color scheme. Pretty much neutral with touches of blue.

To begin, I brainstormed what I could do with what I already had. I always like to do that before running out and buying new things.

I bought a roll of gift wrap from T.J. Maxx a few months ago. I loved it at first sight and snatched it up! I used it to create new frame matting for two of the frames on our gallery wall. I also took this time to update the photos.


It was easy to do. I used the frame insert as a guide to cut each piece of wrapping paper. 


Next I simply taped the photo to the paper and put it all together in the frame.


Then I decided to rearrange my bedside table/dresser. I brought out a blue vase that my grandmother gave me several years ago. I popped in an artificial flower for now until I can get some fresh ones!




Here is a look at how the vase and the new frames look together.


Now, I need to find/make/purchase:
Curtains
Throw pillows
Maybe new bedding? Or add to what we already have
Rug
Art for walls

Have a BLESSED day!

18 comments:

  1. Love the photo collage!! We just bought a house and I'm looking forward to doing a cute photo collage in one of the bedrooms!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love gallery walls! I think I have one in every room of my house :)

      Delete
  2. Great work you!!! I just love how you used the paper to add some pop to those frames! And my hubs is the same way...rarely says much so when he does I really try to work with his opinion!!! Loving what you have accomplished and I can't wait to see how it all progresses! A very happy weekend to you!!! Nicole

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nicole! Your comments always brighten my day! I hope you have a happy weekend as well!

      Delete
  3. I like your Bedroom! I try to shop out of my closets and sometimes I just have to go to TJ Maxx! Of course I am a lover of Blue!!! Nancy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! What would we ever do without TJ Maxx?! I always find something great there!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks April :) Still a ways to go, but progress is always good!

      Delete
  5. Oh I do like the color scheme you chose for the room! I like the natural elements and then the different shades of blue too. It is really coming together!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all of the beautiful little details in your master bedroom. If you get a chance, please link up to: http://suburbsmama.blogspot.com/2014/01/sunday-linky-40.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! Found your blog post from the Inspiration Exchange. Love the color scheme and the pattern for the picture frames. I think I'd go back and cut a bit around the pictures so you have a border of white echoing the frame around the picture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great idea! I may have to try that. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  8. Very nice! I'd love to know the wall color in your bedroom. I am over the color in mine and looking to spruce it up. This weekend I am painting the kitchen, but hoping to get the master bedroom soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Ashley! The color is Newsworthy Neutral {Better Homes & Gardens @ Walmart} I had it lightened a little for our bedroom. Our living room is also painted in Newsworthy Neutral if you would like to see pictures of the color without it being lightened. I can't wait to see what color you chose for your kitchen!

      Delete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, I'm totally on for the neutral wall colors. I think that they are perfect if a wall is destined to be graced by accents and decor. They focus the attention to the beauty of the decor. Anyway, I love the look of your bedroom wall. The portrait mix and that patterned background is just adorable. Thanks for sharing!

    Richmond Gordon @ CertaPro

    ReplyDelete