Sunday, October 27, 2013

Add pizzazz to your kitchen cabinets for less than $10!

 Hello, hello!
 I want to share a quick weekend project that we did yesterday in our kitchen.

I know I've said it before, but our kitchen cabinets are old! I am constantly looking for inexpensive ways to spruce them up until we can do a complete kitchen remodel one of these days. I have painted them numerous times, switched out hardware, added crown molding to the top, etc. Check out this post to see the many phases of our kitchen.

A few days ago I stumbled across this picture on Pinterest, and I immediately thought it was brilliant! Why did I not think of this!? This is exactly what my cabinets needed to polish them up a bit.

I love the crown molding we added to the tops of our cabinets, but I never thought about adding molding to the bottom.



Yesterday we took a quick trip to Lowe's and picked up 2 pieces of 8 ft molding for less than $5 for each piece. We already had everything else we needed at home such as spackling, touch up paint, and a sanding sponge. So this was truly a cheap project!

The back of the molding looks like this:


 It wraps around the edges of the cabinets quite nicely!

Here is a before shot of the bottom of our cabinets:


Looking a little closer:


Here are a couple views of the molding as we were installing it:



And now for the after:


We completed this entire project in just a little over an hour, and for less than $10 doesn't it make a huge impact on our space?!




Have a BLESSED day!
GIVEAWAYS coming soon! Stay tuned!

Linking up here:

22 comments:

  1. Oh very nice touch! It's little details like this that make things look so nice and rich looking!!

    Tania

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leah...thanks for linking up at Share it Sunday! Do appreciate the support. And fabulous idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and thanks so much for hosting!

      Delete
  3. Love that detail, it really adds a lot! Beautiful kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words! Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  4. Love this idea! I want to try it when we refinish the cabinets in the kitchen to help them look a little more custom instead of builder grade. Stopping by from Inspiration Monday Linkup.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I was amazed at the difference something so small really makes, especially in person!

      Delete
  5. Oh I love this! I think I might have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Have a great day!

      Delete
  6. You all did an outstanding job!!! They look fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow - looks like custom cabinets! Amazing project...

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have some amazing decorating talent! Your home is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you Kate! That is so kind of you to say! Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great idea! I'm in the process of remodeling my kitchen and will certainly try this. I am your newest follower.

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  11. That adds a totally "finished" look to the cabinets, and like you I never would have thought of that - looks fabulous. Saw your link at Savvy Southern Style.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think the added molding looks terrific, it really adds a great touch to your kitchen.
    Hugs, Lynnie

    ReplyDelete
  13. The boxes are built exactly the same way as the $100,000 kitchens he used to work with, and they use the same brand hinges and drawer slides! unfinishedkitchencabinets.org

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice pics. To get more relevant information visit here Kitchen remodeling Austin

    ReplyDelete