Tuesday, October 22, 2013

A simple burlap flower tutorial

Today, I want to share with you a simple tutorial for making burlap flowers.  I recently made these to put on a couple of wreaths that I shared a while back, but they would be cute for numerous projects!








Step 1
Cut a strip of burlap. It doesn't have to be an exact measurement. These flowers are not meant to be perfect looking!



Step 2
Fold the piece of burlap in half and then hot glue it together like this:



Step 3
Fold in one corner and use a dot of hot glue to secure it.



Step 4
Start rolling the corner inward to create the center of the flower.



Step 5
Keep wrapping the burlap around the center, curling the burlap around your finger as you go, securing with dots of hot glue.



Step 6
Keep wrapping the burlap and hot gluing to secure until you run out of fabric, then you're done!



I used pearl like beads for the center of my flowers, but you can use anything you choose. Or you can leave it as is. It looks neat either way!






To make the fabric flowers, I followed the same tutorial. 

Have a BLESSED day!
Leah


Linking up here:


2 comments:

  1. Hello! These flowers are beautiful, I can't wait to put them on my own wreath! Quick question for you: for the fabric flowers did you use any specific type of fabric? or would any due? I'm looking for specific colors and wanted to make sure that I didn't grab a wrong type!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jennifer! I have made these flowers using various types of fabric, so I think any fabric you choose should work just fine! Good luck with your wreath! Thanks so much for visiting and commenting!

      Delete