Saturday, October 12, 2013

A little bit of gold

I am little by little beginning to love gold!

It all began with my outdoor fall decorating and a single can of metallic gold spray paint.

That's all it took. Now every time I turn around I find something else I think might look nice with a coat of gold spray paint.

So, a little bit of gold here and there is slowly making it's way through our house.

The latest room to receive a little gold treatment is our bathroom. I thought a few gold accents would look nice against the deep navy blue walls.



I spray painted the photo frame hanging on the wall, and a plain glass cylinder vase that I picked up at Walmart a while back.

I used painter's tape to create a design on the vase.


I grabbed a shoe box to prop it up on and my can of spray paint and gave the vase a quick coat. 


You can tell this shoe box has been used to paint quite a few gold things around here. :)


I picked up a few twigs from behind our house and placed them right in my new vase. Sort of a nice fall touch.

Lastly, I painted the little candle holder that once sat on the bathroom counter. It now hangs out on the black shelf hanging on the opposite wall.


So there you have it. A little bit of gold in our bathroom!


Have a BLESSED weekend!

8 comments:

  1. Too ironic, Leah...I have been incorporating bits of gold back into my decor, too! I've noticed it's back in style and it's also nice and "warm" for fall and winter. I was always more of a silver gal, but now I'm feeling the gold, too. I love how you painted the glass vase with the gold - looks like a custom vase!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks gorgeous Leah! I love the gold with the navy and white. I used to have a MAJOR aversion to gold... so much so that our wedding rings are even platinum. I couldn't stand it!! But amazingly I have even embraced a little bit here and there lately. I guess it is kind of like going from wearing tights...to flare pants or bellbottoms... and back to tights again. Whatever goes around comes around eventually:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Krista! I wasn't a big fan of gold either until recently. My mom had gold everything when I was little and I always said I couldn't wait to be grown up and have my own place to decorate with no gold! Now look at me! haha. I love it!

      Delete
  3. love it looks so very cool
    come see us at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great!! I'm hoping gold sticks around for quite awhile!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your gold vase and I have been wanting to try this! You have some great projects and your home is lovely! Thanks for finding my blog so I could find yours :)

    ReplyDelete