Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Quick kitchen lighting solution

I love our cozy little kitchen. Sure, the cabinets are older, and the appliances are a little mis matched, but I've grown to love our kitchen. It's uniquely ours, and it makes me happy. 


I love the look of under cabinet lighting. It looks so cozy and elegant at night, and could be really practical too. I've always thought it would be way to much work to even attempt such a thing with cabinets we plan to replace in the future anyways.

Well, until I discovered these:


My mother in law recently did a complete kitchen remodel. When I walked into her kitchen one evening I was drawn to the warm and elegant feeling of the under cabinet lighting. It was the first time I had ever really seen this in person. I asked her about it and she surprisingly told me they were just stick on battery operated lights from Lowes. I would have never guessed that!

This was totally do-able! Especially at just a little over 12 dollars for a pack of 3 lights. Batteries included!

Off to Lowes I went to grab some of my own, and so far they are working out great!


I was a little concerned that they may not stick as well as they should. I keep waiting to walk in one day and see them laying on the counter top, but so far so good and it's been about 2 weeks.


This quick little project completely transformed the look and feel of our kitchen at night! I only wish I had known about this sooner!

Have you guys ever tried these lights? If so did you have success with them? I would love to hear about it!

Have a BLESSED day!
Leah

P.S. Here is a scary sneak peak at my current project I am working on. Wish me luck! I hope to have a full before and after post ready by the end of the week!




Linking up here:
DIY Showoff 
A Bowl Full of Lemons

3 comments:

  1. Good luck with your project!!!! I can't wait to see it! Your lighting looks amazing in your cozy kitchen! Love your space!!! Happy week to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Nicole :) I hope you have a happy week as well!

      Delete
  2. These are perfect Leah- we have old florescents under our cabinets and I never want to turn them on because of the unnatural light they cast as well as the annoying buzzing sound... I would love to remove them and use something like these instead...

    ReplyDelete