Friday, July 26, 2013

Splashes of Yellow!

I've made a few changes to my kitchen recently that I thought I should share. For mother's day I got this fabulous new rug from Target! My husband knows me well! Actually I hinted that I really liked it. :)

Anyways, I originally chose it for my hallway, but after we brought it in the house I decided it looked right at home in our kitchen. It definitely gives our kitchen a nice little splash of color, and it's so soft to stand on!


It has pretty shades of blue, green, brown, orange, and yellow!

I certainly stepped out of my comfort zone since I'm usually drawn to mostly blues and greens.


Once the rug was down I decided to change up my shelves above the sink and add in a few yellow accessories that I already had in the cabinet.


And that's it! My simple cozy kitchen update!

Have a BLESSED weekend!
Leah

3 comments:

  1. Your kitchen is the cutest, sweetest space!!! I love it!!! The colors you added on your shelf are fantastic!!! And that rug....PERFECT!!!! Wish I would have seen that one!!! Have a wonderful weekend too!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nicole!! I just hope I can get a better camera soon so I can take better pictures. I was just at my Target the other day and they still had those rugs in various sizes! :)

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous kitchen! Love that island!

    ReplyDelete