Monday, July 29, 2013

A few updates to our Mini Mudroom

A few months ago I shared our mini mudroom I created on the small wall in our new addition. (The room is now the kid's upstairs playroom instead of our dining room...more on that in another post.)

Anyways, the last time I shared our mini mudroom it looked like this:


Well, today it's looking more like this:


Much more colorful and fun, don't you think? Oh and can anyone tell I FINALLY got a new camera! I can't express how excited I am about that!

The hooks in the before photo now live in the
laundry room, and in it's place is this beauty. It's a board we cut, stained, and screwed into the wall, then added individual hooks to, creating a custom rustic, cottage look!


I LOVE LOVE LOVE it.


I also hung some framed family photos on the wall, added a couple colorful pillows, and replaced the middle basket with a fabric bin. I wanted to mix it up a little so it looks less matchy-matchy, and more just thrown together and casual, you know, like we live here! :)

Certainly a much nicer view when we walk into the house each day.

Have a BLESSED day!

Linking up here:

12 comments:

  1. It is perfect! Amazing what those pops of color do! You did a wonderful job here!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nicole! Your comments always make my day!

      Delete
  2. looks great, I love that it fits perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much! Definitely more of the custom look I was going for! Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  3. What color is that bluish gray in the new mudroom? Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Anastasia! Thank you! The color is Autumn Fog by Valspar.

      Delete
  4. luv this! we have a very small are by our entry door. mine as been a catch all. i'm going to make a cushion to see if it helps with the catch all stuff! its beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi
    Where did you get the the bench in the mudroom. Must have! lol Thanks in advance :--)
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Guys! The bench is actually from Target! I bought the baskets separately but they are from Target as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I’ve been surfing online more than three hours today, yet I never found any interesting article like yours. It’s pretty worth enough for me. In my opinion, if all webmasters and bloggers made good content as you did, the web will be a lot more useful than ever before.
    diabetes destroyer book

    ReplyDelete