Thursday, June 13, 2013

Updating our living room curtains with ribbon

The curtains in our living room started out as simple white curtain panels that I bought at Target a while back. There are two panels in a pack for $17.99!


A couple of years ago when I purchased them, I cut off the bottom of each panel, added a piece of linen fabric, and then sewed the bottom back on to make them long enough.

And that is how they stayed until yesterday.






In a recent issue of HGTV magazine, I read an article about updating simple curtains with ribbon, and I decided that's exactly what my tired living room panels needed.


Over the weekend while at Walmart I grabbed these supplies:

~Ribbon of various widths
~Fabri-Tac fabric glue (The magazine recommended this one) It is completely machine washable (it says, we will see!)


I took down one curtain panel at a time, layed it across the floor, and began cutting and gluing!

I found it was easier to squirt a small stream of glue along the curtain itself, and then apply the ribbon.

As for the edges I just wrapped them around the back and attached them with a small dot of the glue. No one can see the back of the curtains anyway.


It took me half a day to finish them. I did one in the morning before the kids woke up, and the others I completed during nap time. 




Easy Peasy project that makes a big impact on our space!


Have a BLESSED day!
Leah

3 comments:

  1. I'm loving this idea!!! It made a huge difference in the wow factor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello friends, these curtains look and feel very modern and luxurious. They really add style to our bedroom, living room, windows, and home décor.

    ReplyDelete