Saturday, May 4, 2013

Dresser Makeover

I've been looking for a dresser for a while that was small enough to serve double duty as my dresser and also my bedside table. We have a small master bedroom, so the furniture has to be super practical and functional.
My aunt was throwing out this sweet little dresser, so I snatched it up right away! All it needed was a little love; it was the perfect answer! And cheap too! FREE!


           When we finally got a nice sunny day I dragged everything outside and got to work.


I used a sanding sponge to smooth out any roughness on the dresser then wiped it down with a damp cloth to remove any dust. I used one coat of primer and 2 coats of semi-gloss white spray paint, followed by a coat of spray paint sealer in clear to seal off the top.


I removed the hardware and gave it all a coat of brushed nickle spray paint. (I think I used the one made by Valspar from Lowes)


To give it a little character I hot-glued rope I had left from another project all around the drawers and some to the bottom.





I placed it right beside my bed and ta-da! The perfect fit! Now I have drawer space and a night stand! I had neither before, so I was super excited!!! I have to admit I just stood there for a while and stared at it. 






Now I'm eager to tackle more master bedroom projects, but today I'm relaxing with my kiddos and enjoying some family time.

Enjoy your Saturday!

Have a BLESSED day!
Linking up here:
Chic on a Shoestring Decorating

2 comments:

  1. I love it!!! And I love the rope you used to give it a little bit of something!!! Great work lady!!! You have given me some ideas!!! Have a lovely Sunday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your dresser/table makeover!!
    Followingon bloglovin :)

    ReplyDelete