Monday, April 15, 2013

Updated kitchen photos

It's been quite a while since I last posted, but that doesn't mean things have been quite around here. It's actually the opposite. We have been so busy just with life! I struggle to balance everything! I run out of hours in the day to fit everything in, and when it comes down to it, my family comes first. When there is enough time left I get to craft, complete projects, and work on this blog. I admire others who can always seem to get it all done! I just don't have it figured out yet!

Anyways, I've been trying to work on taking better photos for my blog. I've gathered tips here and there from various blogs, and purchased a new camera.

 A couple of my most helpful photography tips I've learned so far:
*Take photos during the day time with as much natural light coming in as possible, no overhead lights on, and no flash.
*The larger the pictures the better! Readers like to really see a space and all the details! Larger photos allow for that. 

 I plan to re-take photos of the house and update my home tour page as I go. So far I have taken new pictures of our kitchen and added them to the home tour, so I thought I would share them in a post. I still have a long way to go with my photography skills, but I'm getting there. Baby steps. Baby steps.

To read more about our kitchen's journey click here. You can also find information on our home tour page.

Updated Kitchen Photos:



















And I always have to throw in a before picture:


I'll be back this week with an update on our latest Spring project. Landscaping! This warmer weather we have recently been blessed with has me in the mood to get some outdoor projects done!

Have a BLESSED day!
Leah

UPDATE: I finally took the plunge and purchased a new camera! Not the new camera I mentioned in this post, but my new dream camera!!! I'm still figuring it out, but I'm updating my Home Tour page as I go!

Linked to:

mop it up mondays

4 comments:

  1. Hey you!!! I am so glad you are back!! Balance is for sure one of the hardest things and I agree that the family comes first!!! Your pictures are wonderful and your kitchen is super charming! Just love those shelves over the sink!! I hope you have a wonderful week! Good luck with all of your spring projects!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Nicole! Thanks so much! Hopefully I can get back into the swing of things! I will be looking to you for garden inspiration for some of my Spring projects!

      Delete
  2. Cute! I love your beadboard backsplash and your adorable bright blue island. Those are elements I am considering using when we (finally) get around to updating our kitchen. Pictures are so tricky, aren't they! I always end up using picmonkey now to sharpen mine up because my camera isn't exactly the top quality model I dream of:) Thanks for sharing this- I hopped over from I Should Be Mopping the Floor.
    Krista @thehappyhousie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Krista! Thanks so much for visiting and for your sweet comment! Made my day!

      Delete