Friday, March 8, 2013

Linen/Bathroom Closet Tweaks

Since I posted our bathroom reveal last week, we have been testing out our new space and seeing how well our newly organized room works for our family. 

I discovered a couple of things. First of all, I decided my make-up brushes and jewelry dish would work better in the closet rather than on the sink where water could constantly be splashed on them. (Remember, this is our one bathroom shared by all four of us!) Secondly, I decided some labeling may be a nice touch. I also added my box of nail polish to one of the shelves, and rearranged things a bit.

Here is the bathroom closet now after the changes:





Although I would love to have a label maker, and a laminating maching, etc. I don't, so I needed to think of another way to create labels for the baskets and bins.

I gathered these supplies, and got to work.



I printed the words on a sheet of cardstock from my home computer and printer. I had an extra piece of scrapbook paper as well as a roll of contact paper on hand.

I cut each individual word out, then rounded the edges using this neat scrapbooking tool I picked up at Walmart several years ago. I then attached it to a larger piece of scrapbook paper and did the same with it.


Next I used the contact paper to laminate the tag, making it resistant to all the moisture that lives in a bathroom.


I then cut the contact paper in the same shape as the tag, placed a hole in the side with a hole punch, and attached a piece of jute twine.

Here is what I ended up with:



It's amazing how a few labels can really add some sophistication!


I also typed up labels for my black bins on the top shelf that hold all my bulk items such as extra shampoo, conditioner, soap, etc.

My box of nail polish received the same treatment:


A few more views:



I have to say with all these little tweaks, our bathroom closet is working out quite well for our family of four.


And a reminder of what this closet looked like before:


Have a BLESSED day!

P.S. If you missed any of my previous bathroom makeover posts, you can check them out here if you would like:

P.S.S. To find out more details specifically about our bathroom closet checkout the bathroom reveal post.

Linking up here:

I Heart Organizing

Truly Lovely
Chic on a Shoestring Decorating

8 comments:

  1. I love how you used mason jars!!!! And I think your way is much cuter than using a label maker!! I am going to have to try that because it looks so lovely!!! Wonderful work you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the baskets, looks tidy and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE it top to bottom! The blue is gorgeous and the accessories and styling really make it. Huge fan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where did you get your baskets from? What brand are they? Thanks so much for your help!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! The baskets are from Target...I'm not sure the brand, but they usually have them in stock all the time, and they come in various sizes! Hope it helps! Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete