Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Bathroom reveal!

Yippee! Our bathroom makeover is finally complete! Get ready for lots of pictures!

I'm so happy to share our new bathroom with you, but first a reminder of what this room looked like when we first bought our house four years ago:




After spending the last month taking our time to make things right, it looks more like this:



It's our one and only bathroom in our entire house, so it was important that I took my time and thought all of the decisions through. I couldn't be happier with the results!



The splashes of yellow were not in the plan. Our existing bath towels, which we have had for years, just happened to be that color. They are from JC Penny, and have really held up well. I had plans to replace them, but I actually like the pops of yellow now.



The vanity and top were purchased together from Home Depot, and the mirror and light fixture were both purchased from Lowes. We have tons of counter space now compared to what we had in here before, and the two drawers add so much storage! The bottom drawer holds bath toys, and the top one has all of our toothbrushes, toothpaste, floss, etc. Everything is in easy reach for the kiddos.





The framed photo of my kids adds a little personality to the space. The frame is from Target.




I used a small glass vase filled with small rocks to hold my make-up brushes, and the little yellow candle holder is used to hold jewelry while I'm taking a shower.


The burlap lotion bottle cover was a recent DIY project.

I wanted to add a little bit of glamour to this room. I did so by using crystal like hardware on the vanity and crystal like shower curtain hooks. The mirror also gives a glamorous feel, especially in person.

I really like how the glossy white bead board and chair rail opens this room up and makes it feel so much larger than it really is. It also helps the deep navy walls not seem too overpowering. The bamboo shade, from Wal-mart, adds texture to the room. I applied window film to the actual window for privacy since the bamboo is see through.

We chose vinyl flooring, and I am so glad we did! I'm thrilled with how it turned out! It is really high quality and a dream to clean. Plus it's super kid friendly unlike hard, cold tile! Our guests actually have to bend down and touch the floor to see that it's not really tile.





The toilet is tucked away in it's own little nook, which I like. It's not the first thing you see when you look in the room. I found the planked starfish mirror at an outlet store on our recent Daytona trip, and the black shelf is from Target. The monogram hand towels are from Thirty-One and the vase is a mason jar with rope glued around the bottom of it. I popped an artificial flower in it for now, but I look forward to placing fresh flowers in it this Spring.



I placed a simple over-the-door towel rack, that we already owned, on the door for now. I hope to find something better for our towels, but I haven't stumbled across just the right thing yet.

Directly across from our bathtub is the linen closet.



I removed the door and mounted a curtain rod inside to save on space and add function. Before, the closet door was constantly hitting against the entrance door, and it was driving me bananas! I chose a simple white curtain, nothing too fussy. The curtain panel is from Bed, Bath, & Beyond. I also carried the navy paint color into the closet area. Our chimney actually runs right through this closet, so in the cold winter months we always have warm towels on hand.



The closet holds our towels, washcloths, and toiletry items. The top two bins have extra shampoo, razors, etc. I purchased them at Target for $6! The two small black baskets hold mismatched washcloths that didn't look so lovely just sitting out.



Q-tips are contained in a mason jar, while the little white bowl holds extra hair accessories.

My husband and I each have a basket to hold our personal items, and extra toilet tissue is stored in a basket as well. Luckily all of my hair supplies are stored in my salon, so I don't have to worry about finding the space in here to store all that as well!



I tossed a laundry basket on the floor in the closet to catch all the dirty laundry until I make my daily rounds and take it to the laundry room.

That wraps up the tour of our newly made over bathroom. Everything was fully planned out and thought through before we even began so we could pack as much storage and function as possible into the space. After all, it's our one and only bathroom in the house for our family of four!

Here are a few before and after pics again for fun!


Source List:
Vanity and sink combo - Home Depot
Light Fixture - Lowes
Faucet - Lowes
Mirror above sink - Lowes
Cabinet Hardware - Lowes
Beadboard, chair rail, and baseboard - Lowes
Flooring - Vinyl flooring in Slate from Lowes
Paint - Valspar Relaxed Navy - Lowes
Shower curtain - Walmart
Bamboo blind - Walmart
White curtain panel - Bed, Bath, & Beyond
Shower curtain hooks - TJ Maxx
Yellow candle holder to hold jewelry - TJ Maxx
Glass with rocks - Walmart
Black and white rug - Target
Planked Starfish mirror - Burkes Outlet
Black floating shelf - Target
Monogram towels - Thirty One
White Frame - Target
Bins and baskets in closet - Mostly Target. A few we already owned.
Yellow Towels - JC Penny
White bowl that holds hair accessories - World Market

Have a BLESSED day!

Leah

UPDATE: I got a new camera! Yay! Here are a few shots I captured of this space using my new camera! 











Linking up here:


 

12 comments:

  1. OHHHH sweet girl it is GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!! I mean the contrast of the navy with the white and all of your beautiful touches! Bravo to you! This is a fantastic space for your family and it rocks!!!!! I hope you are linking this up! What a great before and after!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nicole! How sweet of you to say! I am going to link it up, just trying to decide where all to do so! Thanks for all your sweet comments, I really do appreciate them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally fabulous!! Love the dark pared with the beadboard,such a statement! I'm trying to gear up the fiance to board and batten our 1954 hallbath, maybe I'll go dark on top!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Kirstin! That's very nice of you! I was a little scared at first to go so dark, but I'm so glad I did! Thanks for commenting. :)

      Delete
  4. what a great "new" space. i love the bold color choice, and it works great with the white on the bottom. and i love your vanity-i think we have the same thing, but it came with silver knobs which you changed. it gives it a totally different look!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It's amazing how simple details like knobs make such a huge impact isn't it?! Thanks for checking out my post! I'm heading over to your blog!

      Delete
  5. This bathroom looks amazing. Very jealous right now. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This bathroom looks amazing. Very jealous right now. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your new bathroom is awesome! I love the color. thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love everything about this bathroom! you are amazing and very inspiring, Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This blog helps me in choosing the most suitable bathroom accessory that suits my home style. Thank you for sharing such an useful information.
    Bathtub Singapore

    ReplyDelete
  10. I notice the impressive changes in my bathroom look after using the stylish and modern accessories having great elegance and perfect functionality.mixer singapore

    ReplyDelete