Sunday, September 16, 2012

Recent kitchen changes

I wanted to share a few updated pictures of our kitchen. Things are looking a bit different in there now thanks to our new kitchen cart that I made out of a desk, a couple of rug switches, and the addition of a small ottoman.

Here is the photo of our kitchen that I first shared on the home tour:

And this is how things are looking today:

The space feels a little more filled in now.
I still need to paint the shoe molding around the lower cabinets to match the darker cabinet color. I will get to that one day! I replaced the rug in front of the sink with a more colorful one to help tie the new cart in with the area. Luckily I already had the rug in a different room, I just switched them around.

Here is the little kitchen sitting area when I first shared it on the home tour:

And this is how the sitting area looks today:
The larger rug, which I moved in from the living room, is a much better fit, plus the addition of the ottoman adds concealed toy storage. The throw pillow, also from the living room, adds a touch of color to the otherwise neutral space.

Here is another view, standing from the stove facing towards the sitting area and dining area:

And a few more kitchen views:





Small changes, but they really make a difference! Especially in the way our kitchen functions for our family.

Have a blessed day!
Leah

No comments:

Post a Comment