Friday, September 21, 2012

Jute twine drawer pulls

A while back I painted a dresser that once belonged to my husband's great grandmother. I decided to give it a distressed look and place it in our master bedroom.

The original hardware was not really my style, so I went ahead and refinished the dresser, thinking I would buy new hardware later.

After a few months passed, I finally got around to going shopping for new dresser drawer pulls. I took measurements and headed to Lowes. 

After looking though their entire selection, I realized I wasn't going to find anything that would fit the existing hardware holes due to the age of the dresser.

So, I figured I would DIY something instead, and left Lowes with this:
 
Blue Hawk Twisted Jute Twine.

Here is what I started with:

I simply cut two pieces of twine and ran them through like this:

The next step was to tie them, just like you tie shoes, and double the knot to make it durable. Also, I was sure to leave enough space for fingers to be able to grip the twine to open the drawer.

I like how each pull is a little different, and how the bows give it a little femininity. It's a nice rustic touch to my distressed dresser. So far, they are working out great!

From a distance, it looks like this:

Sweet and simple!

Have a blessed day!
Leah

No comments:

Post a Comment